From Virginia’s Kitchen
- Boil sugar and water till it threads when dropped from spoon.
- Beat egg whites together with salt.
- Pour cooked syrup in a fine stream onto the egg whites. Beat until cool.
- Add well-beaten egg yolks. Beat mixture together.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour with cream of tartar.
- Fold very carefully into the egg mixture. Stir in orange extract.
- Pour batter into an ungreased Angel Food cake pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool, turn onto a cake plate, and enjoy!