The best way to discover God’s truth
The Israelites are stubborn, like a stubborn heifer. How then can the LORD pasture them like lambs in a meadow?
— Hosea 4:16
Are you strong enough to face how mistaken many of your most cherished beliefs are? Well, here are a few things you may not have known:
1. Marie Antoinette never said, “Let them eat cake.” This phrase was attributed to her but had actually been used by other prominent figures long before.
2. Charles Lindbergh was not the first person to fly nonstop across the Atlantic. He was the 92nd, although he was the first to do it alone.
3. The centipede doesn’t have a hundred legs. It usually has 21 or 30, though some have more than 100. And the millipede certainly doesn’t have a thousand legs. In fact, very few have more than 200.
4. A red flag to a bull is meaningless because bulls are colorblind.
5. The idea that people never use more than 10% of their brain is false.
6. An ostrich never buries its head in the sand. It only looks that way when it lowers its head in fear, to feed itself, or to cover its eggs for protection.
When it comes to our ideas of God, it’s important that we don’t have a stubborn heart and are willing to accept when we might be wrong. So instead of assuming you have the Christian life all figured out, live your life with a humble and teachable attitude and let God guide you in His truth each day!
Ask God to reveal to you areas where you have been stubborn and unteachable. Pray that He would soften your heart in these areas so that you can grow in His truth!