From Virginia’s Kitchen
- Combine gelatin and 1 cup of the cream.
- Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until gelatin is dissolved.
- Stir in second cup of cream. Let the mixture cool.
- In a separate bowl, whip heavy whipping cream, gradually beating in ½ cup of sugar and vanilla.
- Fold whipping cream into cool gelatin mixture.
- Slice cake into 1-inch cubes.
- Place a layer of cake into a deep pan.
- Spread a layer of whipping cream mixture over the cake.
- Alternate layers until cake is used. Chill until firm.
- Stir strawberries with remaining ½ cup of sugar.
- When ready to serve, cut trifle as you would a cake and pile strawberries on each serving. Enjoy!