By Michael Risley
Jesus changes lives!
Consider Saul: He was one of the most feared persecutors of the church until his encounter with Christ (Acts 9:1–5). Our first personal encounter with Jesus may not be as dramatic as Saul’s, but our transformation will become evident to us and eventually to those around us.
The Bible says, “Anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun” (2 Corinthians 5:17). Everything has changed! Jesus didn’t die on a cross to make bad people better. He gave His life as a sacrifice for our sin and rose again so He could bring us from death to life.
Romans 6:23 teaches, “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.”
WOW! It doesn’t get any better than that.
This new life in Jesus Christ involves…
- Eternal life – When you believed, Jesus came into your life and His life is eternal. As a result, you have eternal life now and forever (John 5:24).
- Forgiveness – God has forgiven all your sins, even the ones no one else knows about (Colossians 1:13–14).
- A personal relationship – Christ is more than your Savior. He is your Lord, guide and friend through your life journey (John 15:15).
- Security – God will never leave you. He will stay with you forever (Hebrews 13:5).
- Transformation – The Spirit of Christ, the Holy Spirit, dwells in you and will help you experience real success: love, joy, and peace (Galatians 5:22–23).
- Purpose – Discover what really matters in life (Matthew 4:19; 28:19–20).
- A new perspective – When problems come, you can trust God’s sovereignty and goodness. You can say with confidence, “God’s got this!” (Romans 8:28).
So… what’s the best way to embrace your new life in Christ to the fullest? By spending genuine time with the Lord each day.
May it deepen your relationship with Jesus and enjoy life to the fullest – as your gift is helping seniors do the same.